05 Jan Success case: boosting the laying rate of breeder geese with GrowthPlus© and PhytoMax©
Last November 2018, a test in a commercial breeder geese farm in showed that the administration of GrowthPlus© and PhytoMax© resulted in a recovery of the laying rate.
GrowthPlus© was added to feed, with the target to improve gut health. Optimized gut health facilitates the absorption of nutrients that are necessary for egg production. In this particular circumstance, the liquid product PhytoMax© was also added to feed, as a source of essential nutrients and to improve the status of the reproductive system.
Circumstances of the case
The experimental animals were breeder geese, divided into two equal groups of 1300 animals each, and aged 240 days. At the start of the trial, the daily feed intake was 175 grams per day.
Treatment of the trial group: GrowthPlus© during one week. PhytoMax© during two weeks.
Treatment of the control group: None.
All the other health, nutritional, and management parameters, as well as the environmental conditions, were the same for both groups.
Laying rate before and after the administration of GrowthPlus© and PhytoMax©
Before the trial, the average laying rate for both groups was 80%.
After 5 days, the laying rate of the trial group increased to 81%, while the laying rate of the control group decreased to 78%.
After 8 days, the laying rate of the trial group increased to 86%, while the laying rate of the control group decreased to 72%.
From the above data, we can conclude that the administration of GrowthPlus© and PhytoMax© significantly improved the laying rate of the trial group.
The main productivity problems for geese breeders are related to poor laying rate, poor semen quality, low fertility, deficient hatchability and less related to eggshell quality. In breeding and laying poultry, GrowthPlus© helps to improve gut health, ensures the balance of intestinal flora, and promotes feed digestion and nutrient absorption. On the other hand, PhytoMax© optimizes the status of the hen’s reproductive system, improves the volume and quality of semen, provides essential nutrients for egg production and boosts laying rate and hatchability.
Productos de elección
PhytoMax© is a combination of vitamins, chelated calcium, microminerals and essential oils to be given through drinking water. It is intended for layers and breeders to:
- Maintain the levels of calcium and magnesium needed for optimal egg production.
- Reinforce skeletal health.
- Prevent cage fatigue.
- Stimulate the hepatic metabolism and the immune system.
- Improve the quality of the egg and the health of day-old chicks.
- Avoid the drop of the laying rate produced by stress (management, vaccines, hot weather, etc…)
- At the start of the laying period, to boost productivity.
- Prolong the productive life of the hen.
GrowthPlus© is added to feed to maintain and improve digestive health. It is formulated with synergistic ingredients:
- Bactericidal and fungicidal plant extracts, combined with organic acids for better effectiveness, that reduce the number of pathogenic microbes in the digestive system.
- Plant extracts with prebiotic effect, that promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- Immunostimulant and antioxidant plant extracts.
- Silicates with mycotoxin binding function.
It is especially useful in cases of gizzard diseases, necrotic enteritis, feed passage and other enteritis. It is also used as a natural growth promoter and to replace antibiotic growth promoters.
Would you like further information?
Certain health statements may not be applicable in your region.